Friday, June 29, 2012

News...

Such an exciting title and yet you're still reading :)

In the last two months, I've been a little busy.  I learned quite a bit about stunt work and can now say that I am a trained stunt performer.  I can have a hand to hand fight as well as a choreographed sword fight and I do both of these as part of a stunt show at Universal's Islands of Adventure.  This is a hurdle I've been trying to overcome for a couple of years now and I'm really excited to finally be cast in the show and to have survived the rehearsal and training process.  It was pretty tough - two and a half weeks of rehearsals (40 hours each week) through the middle of the night while keeping up with my other jobs and responsibilities.  Lots of fun was had and a few bumps and bruises earned along the way.

I also had an opportunity to travel through the east coast of Canada for a few days on the Disney Magic cruise ship.  We stopped in Halifax, Nova Scotia (which I loved!) and St. John, New Brunswick (didn't love it so much).  Beautiful sites and relaxing times were had.  I finally achieved a goal I've had of running on the track deck while at sea.  It was really peaceful and relaxing - absolutely the most enjoyable run I've ever done.

I know it's not much of an update, but I have a show tomorrow so I'm going to head to bed soon.  Performing several illusions at the Gaylord Palms in the evening with a great group of performers.  I am looking forward to it!

Finding a way to fly without wings...

No comments:

Post a Comment